Published on March 31st, 2020 | by Iva Sebestyan0
Spring Organic Skin Care
How is your body doing after the winter season? Cold weather, less exercise, lack of sunshine all have an impact on the overall condition of the skin and indeed, on the whole body. We will advise you how to take care of your face skin and whole body, too.
- Start drinking water. Clear, bubble-free water with a slice of fresh lemon or a couple of mint leaves is great throughout the day. In the morning the best choice is a cup of hot water with fresh lemon juice to help to detox your body after the night. Reduce drinking alcohol and coffee. Both are dehydrating agents for your face and body. Drink your favorite smoothie made of raw food without added sugar. We recommend this recipe as part of the cleansing procedure. Mix in blender banana, carrot, spinach leaves and mint leaves. If the consistency is too thick, add water- or plant-based milk of your liking.
- Eat more seasonal vegetables and fruit. The lack of sun plays a big role. The body is tired and exhausted after the winter. Include in your daily menu watercress, chives, radishes, spring onion, ginger, garlic, beetroot, citrus and blueberry. Increase the consumption of leafy vegetables such as spinach, arugula, lettuce and cabbage.
- Increase active movement. Sounds like a cliché, but active movement really helps fight fatigue. You don’t have to go to the gym. Take a walk outdoors when it is a beautiful day. A pleasant walk in the fresh air will help you organize your thoughts, relax and spring sun and fresh air will give your skin a healthy color.
- Be sure to get enough sleep, especially on weekends. The lack of sleep, accompanied by stress, will quickly show on your face. Over weekends, rest more, catch up on your sleep so your skin may have enough time to regenerate.
- Exfoliate frequently using gentle peel. Peeling will help cleanse, smooth and nourish the skin. Also peeling will remove dead cells on the surface of the skin so that the skin will be bright and fresh. Choose a scrub according to your skin type.
- Apply a facial mask. The cleansing mask will help loosen clogged pores and give the skin the necessary nutrition. You can choose according to your skin type.
- Check the expiration date on all your beauty products. Even cosmetics have a limited time to use them. Exceeding this will not only reduce the positive effects of your beauty products to a minimum, but may cause undesirable effects and endanger your health.
Spring is a wonderful time to regenerate your skin, body and soul, so enjoy this time and enjoy the care you deserve.
Iva Sebestyan is a firm believer in herbal remedies. She uses certified organic and natural ingredients to freshly prepare masks or exfoliants for your skin and face. For more information email Iva@florascottages.com or call 201-895-1643. You can become a member or book a session at her European Day Spa at florascottages.com.